License question: AI upgrade to Artist usable on two computers?

Hello community!

I’m switching from an oooold computer with an ooooold Nuendo to Cubase 11.
Already installed is Cubase AI but I need Artist and want to use it on two computers (not at the same time).

What I know:

1. Cheapest option would be an upgrade from the existing AI to Cubase 11 Artist.
  2. Cubase can be used on several computers with one license when using the USB-eLicenser.

My question is:

Can I use this UPGRATED Cubase 11 Artist license on two computers via the USB-eLicenser?
Or is it only possible with a non-upgrated, FULL version of Cubase 11 Artist?

Hi and welcome on the forum,

The cheapest solution would be to transfer your Cubase AI license to the USB-eLicenser. Then your Cubase AI starts at the computer, you plug the USB-eLicenser in.

If you want to upgrade to Cubase Artist because of much more features, you have to transfer your Cubase AI license to the USB-eLicenser first, to be able to upgrade the licence. Then upgrade the license to Cubase Artist.

Then the principal is the very same. You have one license (which sits on the USB-eLicenser). Where do you plug the USB-eLicenser to, you can start your Cubase.

Awesome! I mistakenly thought that AI licenses can’t be transferred to the USB-eLicenser. So indeed the Artist upgrade should be the perfect solution. Thanks for the info!

Hi,

Just be aware, you cannot move the license back from the USB-eLicenser to the Soft-eLicenser anymore. So you have to take your USB-eLicenser with you for ever.

Thanks for the warning! I’m not planning to go back to the Soft-eLicenser because I’m using a computer at home and at my studio room. So this won’t bother me.