License server problems (eLIcenser)

Does anyone experience problems with the eLicenser software?
I’m getting the following error when trying to perform maintenance:

A connection to the license server could not be established, either due to incorrect network settings, or because the license server is currently not available (e.g. due to maintenance work).

Please verify your computer’s network settings and try again later, or contact your software vendor’s support department in case the problem persists.

Click ‘OK’ to proceed with further maintenance tasks, or click ‘Cancel’ to stop the maintenance procedure.

Welcome, @Israel_Kalush

I have a problem with your post : you have have tagged it as Cubase 13, but this version no longer use the eLicenser software (the last one using it was the 11.0.41 one), unless you are using other Steinberg plug-in(s) that still use it.

Anyway, what is the version of your eLicenser Control Center installed ? Here, I have the 6.12.10.1325, and I’m almost sure that it’s the most recent one. The first thing to do, I think, is to check that it’s up to date : eventually, update it with administration rights.

After this, check the eLicenser key itself : is it recognised as a device in your OS, or is there an issue, regarding this ? If so, try to change the USB port used on your system. As a last resort, I would send a message to Steinberg support for a licence issue such as this one.

Hi,
Thank you for the prompt response.
I was upgrading from version 10.5, so I wasn’t familiar with the eLicenser changes.
I was able to get around the problem. The product is now upgraded and registered through the Steinberg licensing.
If I understand correctly, I no longer require the eLicenser dongle, right?

thanks again for your help,

Israel Kalush

As a first approach, yes, but there are still Steinberg products using it : see here for more details.

Glad to see that the licensing/registration issue is solved… :slightly_smiling_face: