licensing error with Halion after removing trial

My trial of Dorico has now expired and I accordingly removed the trial license from the elicenser, pending further updates. However I now find that when going into Cubase Elements 8, a popup appears with the message “Some content could not be loaded. Either licenses are missing or trial licenses have expired: HALion symphony orchestra Factory Presents 01”. If I understand this correctly, the full HALion is installed with Dorico whereas only Sonic SE is supplied with Elements.

Fair enough if true but why is Cubase Elements trying to load a license for HALion in the first place? Sonic SE still seems to work. Is it possible to remove the error message?

David

You could try running the license maintenance task inside eLicenser Control Center to see if this resolves things.

Fair enough if true but why is Cubase Elements trying to load a license for HALion in the first place? Sonic SE still seems to work. Is it possible to remove the error message?

Halion Sonic SE comes with all versions of Cubase.

Halion Symphonic Orchestra is a library that comes with Dorico, but you can buy it on its own if you wish.

Cubase can see the library but no valid license to run it, because your trial expired.
Just click remove or ignore when the error message pops up.

I suddenly had the same idea before your post as I thought it might work but it didn’t unfortunately.

I can’t remove it as Dorico has already been removed. It’s not a really big deal but I don’t see why Cubase thinks this library is still there. Hasn’t Dorico removed it?

No, running the Dorico uninstaller alone will not uninstall HALion Sonic SE 2 or its sound libraries. You should be able to find other entries in the list of installed software for e.g. HALion Symphonic Orchestra so that you can remove them.

correct – I never noticed that Dorico installed it as a separate application rather than just content. Problem now solved -many thanks!