licensing issue

Same issue here

Problem now seems to have been resolved.

Same problem and the issue is not resolved yet.

Hi simonlongstaff,
I’m also in Oz with the same issue… Did you do anything specific to fix it?

Same problem here too. It has not been resolved yet.

Still no fixed here in Oz.

Got mine to finally work after 8 hours of trying.

been trying for a few hours now, still cannot install and still getting the dre-417 error !! (here in OZ also)

I have the same error, the dreaded “dre-417” error

DRE-417.

… finally it worked! activation now happening

Keep trying, I had to try few time to get it to activate…

Well… 6 hours after my original post, after trying repeatedly throughout those 6 hours, the download assistant FINALLY decided to take my activation code… Then it took another 10 tries to get the license upgraded when it shelled out to the eLicense control center. And even now, when I open the eLicense center it errors when running it’s check. Thankfully, it does show that I have a license for Cubase 11 pro in both the eLicense app as well as in my products on the My Steinberg page… And I can successfully open C11… To say this was some shady and very messy bullsh*t would be a drastic understatement.

Steinberg… Get your sh*t together. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Exactly the same situation and sentiment towards Steinberg as the post above me states.

Grrr. Happening to me too. Latest version of elicenser, plugged / unplugged the dongle. I can fire up Dorico so God only knows what the issue is.

Also, the license activation window says

(Upgrade) Cubase Pro 11 (Upgrade for ((Cubase Pro 10.5 (Educational… and yet I’ve only EVER bought full licenses.

Poor show, Steinberg.

ETA: Just tried a different approach. I couldn’t activate it via the Download Assistant so, rather than press the activate button in the Download Assistant, I entered the license number shown on the Download Assistant Screen directly into e-licenser. That worked.

After
A) not being able to maintain the eLicenser for hours, then
B) hours of the dre-417 error, and then
C) hours of trying to update License (still trying)

What a painful day. Like many here, I have a project I was trying to finish.

Pretty poor QA for a big release…

I did chuckle at the text of the error message. It seems to share the same feelings towards this upgrade as most of us…
2020_11_12_19_18_39_.png

I figured out part of my situation.
FIRST: The activation code sent via email has to be entered into the download Assistant. (Upper left-hand corner.) The license code then came later. I’m running Elements 11.0 now.
My second problem has not been resolved. The content files (very large) are not downloading. They start, then freeze. I’m guessing the Steinberg servers are just being overwhelmed.