Licensing - update to Dorico 5

Question - If I update from Dorico 4 to Dorico 5, do I lose the ability to have 3 installs of 4? In other words, does the 5 license annul the 4 license? Or, put another way, can I have 3 installs of 4 PLUS 3 installs of 5?
Les.

If you buy an update, then this does indeed supersede your old licence, so you still only have 3 “seats” at once.

But I can have 1 D5 and 2 D4 instances, correct?

Yes. The Dorico 5 licence can be “consumed” by either Dorico 4 or Dorico 5 - it doesn’t care which.

1 Like

Just to clarify - each licensed “seat” will have a Dorico 5 license file on it, and that license file will be valid for either Dorico 4 or Dorico 5. What you can’t do is have three seats of Dorico 4 and three different seats of Dorico 5.

2 Likes

Does this mean that when I install 5 in addition to keeping 3.5 and 4.3, I will have used up my 3 seats? Or does the current licensing not apply to 3.5?

Obviously I’ve just been confusing things, let me start again…

Possession of a Dorico 5 licence allows you to have up to 3 computers activated for Dorico 5 use. Activating a computer for Dorico 5 use will also allow the same computer to run Dorico 4, without any licensing change at all - a Dorico 5 “activation” can also be recognised and used by Dorico 4.

None of this makes any difference to the eLCC based licensing system.

Dorico 3.5 requires an eLicenser. It will continue to run on only the computer on which your Soft-eLicenser is located or where your USB-eLicenser is plugged in.

Thanks, gents.