Light theme

Hi,
Screenshots of Dorico start to appear, it looks absolutely fabulous, but…
Would you consider adding the option to use a ‘light’ theme? I always like it when the work I’m doing attracts the most attention visually, and the UI stays out of the way. On the available screenshots it looks like the music is boxed in in a rather dark frame of menus.
Besides that I can’t wait to try out Dorico, thanks for all the hard work!

We are planning on implementing a light theme. You can already choose it via Dorico’s Preferences dialog, in fact, but it doesn’t work very well in every part of the interface at the moment. Anthony, our UI/UX designer, has been working on it for a long time, and I hope it will be working sufficiently well that it can be included in the first version. If not, it will follow as quickly as possible afterwards.

Great! Thanks for the quick reply.

Wondering whether the theme color handling of Dorico is similar to how Cubase does.

I don’t know the technical details of how Cubase’s theming works, but I can say with certainty that Dorico’s approach is different, because it is predicated on the capabilities of the underlying application toolkit that we are using to develop Dorico’s user interface.

Just out of sheer curiosity, will some of the underlying code make its way back into Cubase / Nuendo? I can imagine your codebase to be a bit more up to date and fresh than Nuendo and Cubase, since it’s a more recently developed application?

May I ask what’s a light theme? If I understand perhaps I can describe the way it’s handled in Cubase (in case it’s handled :wink: )… :confused:

In most cases, a light theme will be comprised of lighter background colors and darker text/UI elements, as opposed to a dark theme, which tends to have dark background colors and light colored text.

I’m also in the camp hoping for a light theme.

Thank you Bryan :slight_smile: :exclamation:
I fear Cubase won’t be up to the request even if it’s possible to insert a transparent picture of any dimension in each page. Not exactly what is needed, I presume… :confused: