Limit range of MOD wheel ?

I’d like to limit the range of data from my mod wheel, so that when it’s at the bottom (sending out 1,2,3, etc.) Cubase modifies it so that it starts at 90. At the top of the wheel it sends out 127, and likewise I want it to still be 127 in Cubase.

I only ever use the top range of my mod wheel (which I infact use for EXpression) and as my wheel is physically so small I want to use the 90-127 range across the whole of the wheel rather than the very small area at the top.

I can’t see a function to do it in the Input Transformer … any ideas ?

If you simply want Cubase to ignore values of CC#1 below 90, then the Input Transformer can do that easily. But I am guessing that you’d rather still use the entire physical range of the modwheel, but have it send 90-127 rather than 0-127?
Try this (no guarantees! :wink: )…
Input Transformer…
Top Section…
Type is___Equal___Controller___AND
Value 1 (MIDI Controller No.)___Equal___1

Lower Section…
Value 2___Divide by___3.4124
Value 2___Add___90

Function = “Transform”

(don’t forget to “switch on” Module #1 :wink: )

So you’re a mathematical genius as well are you ?

Thanks a lot Vic, it worked perfectly :smiley:

Yes, you canm do this

Related Math:

127-90=37
127/x= 37 |x
127 = 37
x |/37
127/37 = x
X= 3.432432432432432

Set Input Transformer to Global
Turn Modul 1 of Input Transformer On
Filter Target |Condition | Parameter 1 | Parameter 2 |bool
#################################################################################################
#################################################################################################
Type Is |Equal |Controller | | And
MIDI Controller No. |Equal |CC 1 (Modulation) | |

Action Target |Operation | Parameter 1 | Parameter 2

Value 2 | Divide by | 3.4324 |
Value 2 | Add | 90 |

Function = Transform

Gr,
JHP

Ok, vic was first. :laughing:

Gr,
JHP

… except that mine had a typo :blush:… 3.4324 it is indeed, not 3.4124 as I had written :wink:.