Limited functionality after moving to new computer

I recently moved from using an older Mac Mini to a newer iMac (running Catalina) and have problems with Cubase Pro 11. When I start it, there are warnings “some content could not be loaded. Either, licenses are missing, or time-limited licenses have expired”. As a consequence, I cannot add any new instrument tracks and instead get an error “No valid license for HALion Sonic”. My audio interface is visible in Audio Connections, but I cannot connect to it. This is to be expected if the product is not activated. So, I tried to re-activate the product in the eLicenser Control Center (v 6.12.10) - but when I enter my activation code, the eLicenser tells me “Currently, there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect an USB-eLicenser …”. I have connected the USB-eLicenser but it is displayed in the eLicenser Control Center with a “stop”-sign on it, which to me looks like a 32 vs 64 bit issue. My USB-eLicenser is very old and is from the 32-bit era (so is my Mac Mini), but the newer iMac is using a 64-bit OS. How can this be resolved?

I’ve contacted Steinberg support, but they have not responded for many months.

You can try to reinstall elicenser software.

There is no need to enter activation code again, your license is inside the usb key. There is another computer for you to try the elicenser key?