Line tool in MIDI editor sometimes doesn't draw a straight line - any advice?

I remember reading about some people having this issue a while ago, but I can’t find the thread. It started happening for me about six months ago now and then, and now it happens about 40% of the time and I can’t for the life of me figure out why.

The issue is this: Instead of a consistently straight line for as long as I want it in the MIDI editor, the line tool often draws straight for a bit, then turns at about a 20 degree angle. The problem happens at seemingly random times in a variety of projects. Does anyone know what might be causing this? It’s causing a large amount of time wasting for me doing orchestration with expression and modulation, and I need to figure out how to make it always draw a straight line without any additional angles.

Thanks for any help - I hope it’s something obvious that I’m missing. Yes, I’m talking about and using the line tool specifically - no other shape has an issue like this.

Anyone!? I know I saw more than a few people on a post about this about two years ago but I can’t find it.

Are you sure you’re not using the Parabola Line tool, and not the Line tool?

Hi Steve,

Yes, definitely the Line tool. It’s not a curve – the line bends about 20 degrees upward then continues straight on that new angle. It’s really weird.

Can you post a pick of the entire window including the toolbars, showing what you’re seeing?

Yes, will do tomorrow when I’m back in the studio, hopefully it will happen so I can do that. Thanks!