Lines not showing in Engrave Mode

As I said, no disrespect to the work of you or your colleagues.

But I think you are missing a trick, which would both make your lives easier and your product more successful.

Please feel free to create such a document and share it with the community, as others have done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the thought but not quite that simple. It’s an optional cut with other considerations as well! Will double-check that I can’t get away with a repeat structure but I’m doubtful. Worth a go though.

Happy to do so. Can you please point me to where “…others have already done”?

There’s a Third party section on the Resources page already linked above, but you can also refer to the thread for new users that Daniel so lovingly put together for links to e.g. @dan_kreider’s guide:

You could also start you own thread proposing what you want to do, its scope, the sort of format you envision it taking, how it might be updated as the software updates etc and I’m sure you’ll receive input from forum users there.

Do remember that repeat sections can have custom text, so you aren’t constrained to 1. & 2. etc. You can suppress the numbers and type exactly what you’ve shown in the photo above. Playback will be wonky, but it will look correct.

Thank you – I’ve not yet had occasion to use repeats so I’ll certainly give it a go.

1 Like

Dan Kreider created a Guide for the Beginner back in 2017 I think, it was version 2. I helped him because by then I was more familiar with Dorico than he was (coming from Finale), and I translated his work into French. Those documents are still available, well referenced and still very useful. It’s only a matter of creating something really