It would be nice to have a feature of channel linking with equal power/gain mode in Cubase.
With this feature you could:
- mix a desirable combination of a few samples (e.g. when layering drums)
- easily blend D.I. and amped bass guitar
- change a character of a snare by combining top and bottom mics
- make a parallel compression (equalization, saturation, reverberation — who cares )
- when using stem-mixing: find a right balance between dry and wet tracks
… and all of this without changing a summary loudness!
I suggest such a feature to be made not only for 2 tracks: it would be great to have an option to blend ‘all those huge amount of mics on a single drum’. In this case, by moving one fader, the others change proportionally.
There is still a much of analytics left for Steinberg to implement the feature. But I think, it worth that.
So guys, please tell what you think about it.