Linking Channels - Ugh!

Things that used to take a few clicks now take more steps. One case in point: linking channels.

In 6.5 It was amazingly simple and fast: left-click, select channels, right-click and select “link.” Done.

Version 7 takes so much more work, and despite reading the manual, it’s not clear how to create a 2nd link group. This is damned frustrating. Is there perhaps a way to change the behavior back to the way it worked in 6.5? Or can some kind soul take pity and help me out?

All due respect, but why mess with something that was not broken? This kind of thing is damned frustrating. Is there perhaps a way to change the behavior back to the way it worked in 6.5? I hate to admit that the more I dig into Cubase 7, the less I like it. :cry:

I use key commands. Select channels, key. Unlink with shift+key. Pretty easy.

Thanks! I’ll try that. I can’t seem to select multiple channels the same way. I’ll give it a try.

Maybe I’m mistaken, or perhaps I don’t get you right, but I don’t think SB have changed the basic behavour of this since 6.5. In my opininion they’ve only made it easier to select channels as you now can do this by by dragging the mouse pointer in the the channel selector → right click → link selected channels. Personally I really like the way it’s working in C7.

Thanks for chiming in, Whirly. I am unable to accomplish the task by dragging the mouse pointer, but I’ve figured out another way. I do miss the right-click option to link channels, which I can confirm no longer appears.

I’ll tell you what the “Ugh!” factor is for me about this feature. No Link Group number indicators on each track. I’d like to know what tracks are assigned to what links as I scan across the mixer.

Heck, with a numeric entry/readout on each track, you’d be able to freely assign or change assignments without ever having to right click. The only thing I’d want to right click on a linked channel for would be to pull up a menu letting me assign exactly what gets linked (fader, mute, sends, pans…etc).

Agree.

+1!