Linking Multiple Tracks for Comping

Showing lanes and using the comp/mute tools is great when you’re going through takes recorded with a single mic. However, is there a way to link multiple tracks together to do the same thing? For instance, when I have multiple mics setup on a drum kit and the drummer wants me to play back what he did two takes ago, can I link all the drum tracks so that when I show lanes and click on Take 1 of the Kick mic that all the other mics will also automatically switch back to Take 1 as well? I often use multiple mics for recording so going back to check old takes is a real pain.

Hi and welcome,

This is what is TrackVersions good for in Cubase (I don’t know, if it was part of Cubase 8 already).

Use a Folder Track and enable the Group Editing button. This feature was added for situations like this.
https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro_artist/v9/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/parts_events/parts_and_events_group_editing_mode_c.html

When Group Editing is enabled, all tracks in this folder follow the current Lane selection. This makes it easy to listen to play different multi-tracked takes.