List Editor - adding program changes

Hi team,

I want to add the Full Concert Grand from my MOX8 to the List Editor. How do I do this? I imported a MIDI file but it uses the GM Piano. I want to edit the Program Change data in the List Editor.

I also hear you can embed this data right in the track? I’m confused because on my Tyros 5, the Data List specifies the MSB and LSB. The MOX8 Data List shows, “PRE1 (MSB=63, LSB=0)”. I insert those two items as controller changes, but how do I specify that I want “1 A01 Full Concert Grand”?

Thanks.

• Lee

Hi,

With MOX, you can use the MOX VST plug-in, which is probably the best way.

If you want to edit the Program Change in the List Editor, you can do so, if there is already Program Change MIDI Message. If you want to create a new Program Change MIDI message, click to Insert Event Type (the default is Note, here), and set this to Program Change. Then, click under the timeline, to create the MIDI Event Program Change. Done.
Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 21.28.19.png

Thanks Martin!

Hi, I have an added question. After adding the Program Change event to the MIDI CC Channel track, how would you be able to specify which voice it will select? From my understanding, there are different banks to choose through, as well as the 128 voices that are found on each bank. Would those need to be specified individually?

Hi Tanner,

It’s been so long since I “tried” to record the Genos into Cubase. To make Cubase select the correct voice from the Genos, you need to open the List Editor and insert a program change. It sounds like you know that already, however, you need to specify the LSB and MSB of the desired voice. You add those to the Data columns on the left pane of the List Editor. The LSB and MSB numbers are found in the Genos Data List document. See if that helps. Sorry I couldn’t be more specific.

I really wish Yamaha would make it seamless for us to record the Genos directly to a DAW :angry:!

1 Like

I’ll give it a shot, thank you. Yeah it’s well. I’ve been at this since about 9 with a few breaks so I am definitely exhausting my options here. Appreciate it haha

Glad to help, Tanner. Keep in touch. Thanks…

• Lee