Also the ability to group tracks would be nice
Added some of your suggestions to the first post. Thank you!
Multiple selection in the Media Bay and Trash
Option to delete the stock audio files
an option to lock a track including all settings for that track
a bigger X tapspot to close the media bay, mixer, keys, pads
touching a track fader in mixer view should scroll the event screen up or down so that the track being edited is visible above the mixer
a feature to add visible bookmarks to the timeline
auto punch in/out
see battery level
midi punch in / out
Audio-Editor: mute selection
I would like to see the audio punch in/out feature added soon too.
Within the key editor, when notes are next to each other and they have the same velocities, then it’s very difficult to see the beginning/end of each note.
Please make the border of the note larger to correct this problem.
Getting the features you all have described makes the app a super app. I would like to add a bit more adaptability for outside audio interfaces. Batteries along side of power supplies and functionality of the ur22 keeping it less cumbersome for true mobility. Or a set of stick on mics or inputs. Like the Alesis io dock with a lightening connector
Virtual Keyboard and Midi editor needs to go below C0.I was quite happy that i can use Beatmakers drumsampler via audiobus in cubasis now but realized i can’t access one and a half pad banks cause the pads start at C-2.So i had to remap some of my most important kits which is not a comfortable solution.And i noticed i CAN record pads below C0 into cubasis when i play the pads in BM and record them on a midi track in cubasis.Funny thing is i can’t access/correct the notes then (besides the auto quantize)but they are definitely there and playing.Although"invisible".
Dont know if it’s been mentioned before but a ‘Lock Track’ feature would be good.
When you don’t want any accidental editing, erasing, shifting of track or level mix changes, etc. simply press a lock symbol on a particular track and it will be locked except for solo and mute as needed. Also would protect from accidentally arming the wrong track prior to recording.
24 bit 96 khz recording is a must - Auria already has it
Import MIDI-file direct from for example Dropbox.
And possibility to “dissolve parts” to extract tracks for each MIDI-channel.
I know it’s been suggested already but I’d like to second the introduction of a usable sampler into Cubasis. And to be honest if that’s all you added (instrument-wise) I’d be pretty happy.
It could be powered by the existing pads/keyboard UIs:-
- Import a beat/audio into Cubasis as a single audio file.
- Open in audio editor - split the audio up into segments (like any loop slicer)- automatically with ability to adjust, or just manual - I don’t mind.
- Option to “Send to sampler” - which then maps the segments automatically to the pads or keyboard, with the basic options such as different loop types. Reverse playback etc. Ability to perhaps save as a new sampler instrument in the media library (and share in the normal ways, itunes file sharing/etc as a single file.)
- Tweak individual keymapping/pad settings.
Also, I’d like to request a couple of tweaks!
- Folders in the mediabay - I’d like to seperate my own loops/midi files/etc from the factory files. Preferably into folders on a per project basis.
- Improved sample editor - have loops which play only the current selection. Option to Extract multiple pieces from single sample into audiocopy/paste buffer or as new audio files in the mediabay, in one hit (could be functionality that precedes the full sampler).
- Pitch shifting/timestretching.
- Step/Beat sequencer, with pattern changes, mute parts/ panning/ etc controlled via midi. Ability to bake step sequencing to midi.
- Automation of mixing and FX.
I know some of this is requested already but I want to support the requests already made!
It’s blinding app so far, thanks Steinberg. Thanks for having the foresight to make it.
Here’s my top requests
MIDI clock sync IN and OUT
An on screen keyboard with scale lockable keys …
IOS VST plug in support … Auria say their plug ins are this format, so I suppose SB can do it too… They invented VST!
A way to use my iPhone to run a few synths into Cubasis over wifi or Bluetooth.
I see it coming that Steinberg will have to either offer a second, “pro” version of Cubasis with a significantly higher price tag or build in a detailed in-app-purchase feature.
+1 24 bit. I’ve bought the app, but refuse to use it for recording until it records at 24 bit. It’s a matter of principle for me. I’m fine with 44100 sample rate though.
Some features I’d like to see added are:
-need more intelligent placing of clips when pasting. If I want to create repeating loops of a clip I have to reset the “now” marker each time to the end of each clip that I have posted. The pasting should continue to append to the most recent clip I have pasted or selected. The only time the current paste feature works intelligently is after I import a new midi clip when the “now” time is set to 0:00. Otherwise it overwrites the current clip, or pastes it in some random spot
-needs a feature to created linked clips for audio and midi (vs just pasting a a copy of these clips)
it would really be nice to be able to drag to create linked copies of a clip ( ie to loop it multiple times)
need a punch-in recording capability
need a group select and delete capability in the midi import windows. Currently you have to manually select and delete files one at a time
would like to independently colour individual clips (events)
I should close by noting I think this app has potential, but think the audio samples do not sound as good as that of Music Studio.
Need group select to delete midi files
My list is very short as I think this app is excellent and can only get better.
- An upright bass virtual instrument (I’m surprised that was not already included given all the other virtual instruments included).
The Chord Track would make my day
As Cubasis is a hub for all the other music apps thanks to audio bus, time stretch and pitch shift are the most important features to me right now.
I would like the following features.
- Notation Display for individual tracks.
- A Harp Virtual Instrument.
24 Bit support for recording.
A real parametric EQ
Not so important, but I would forever be indebted to you if you implemented it:
Like someone else suggested, a sampler, something where I can important an audio file, chop it up and assign it to the keyboard. Time stretch or pitchshift each sample and reassign the locations of the chops on the fly.
The above additions would make Cubasis the perfect mobile DAW!
Also, if it’s true as someone says about Auria using VSTs. I would love to see some making the jump into Cubasis. Having Fabfilter’s Pro-Q in Cubasis would be awesome!