Listen to Effect Signal Only

I’m looking at the manual for Effects on Clips Tracks and Groups, and I see this quote > Listen to Effect Signal Only

If this option is activated, the original signal is bypassed during playback to only hear the wet effect signal.

But I’m not able to find that option in any plug in window, some effects like certain eq’s have that option directly on the plugin, Looking for clarification here.
thanks

This is only for plugins in the Master Section, hence not montage.

thank you PG as always, I checked and I now see that option as you said in the master section.
I have to add though that this option was described to me in the Montage section of the manual for clips, tracks and groups, specifically as follows.
I only mention this because for a new user it can be confusing

Plug-in Windows for Audio Montages
In plug-in windows for audio montages, you can display the effect plug-ins that are used for clips, tracks, track groups, or the montage output. You can display all effects in one plug-in window or have separate windows for each effect, for all track effects, all track group effects, all clip effects, or all montage output effects.

Plug-in chain window
Listen to Effect Signal Only
If this option is activated, the original signal is bypassed during playback to only hear the wet effect signal.
Switch Effect On/Off
If you deactivate a plug-in, it is excluded from both playback and rendering. See also: Bypassing Effects vs. Switching Effects Off
Presets
Opens a menu to save/load presets for this plug-in.

Pasted from https://steinberg.help/wavelab_pro/v11/en/wavelab/topics/audio_montage/plug_in_windows_r.html

1 Like