This days I’m exploring the Playback Template possibilities. Awesome design. Well thought out. Result of a lot of brainpower and long experience. I mean it, when I say that I feel myself privileged to work with this kind of software.
However there is a little problem I encounter with the Playback Templates.
I have a symphony orchestra template with just midi instruments. I made a template with for several parts more than one voice.
I have one midi instrument for first violins and second violins:
first violins : 4 up-stem voices on the first staff and on one division staff 2 up-stem voices, that will say channel 1 to 6.
second violins: 4 up-stem voices on the first staff and on one division staff 2 up-stem voices, channel 7 to 12.
The midi instrument has 12 channels.
Of course every voice has its own expression map.
Now I made a new string orchestra template. I made first 6 up-stem voices in all the sections, except the Double basses (just 4, no divisi staff), just as it is in my Playback Template. I enabled in all staffs independent playback.
Now I applied my orchestra Playback Template.
Things that went well:
- all the instruments got the right midi instrument
- the expression maps were at the right place in the midi instruments
Things that went wrong:
The channels for the voices were not the right one.
- First violins voices had channel 6 or channel 12
- Second violins voices had channel 6 or channel 12
- violas had on all voices channel 6
- violoncelli had on all voices channel 12
- Double basses had on all voices channel 4
I don’t know if this is a known issue. I attach an exported file of the Playback template.
Orkest template 3.zip (74.6 KB)