Live mixing + Recording with Cubase 6 + MR816's

Hello Bredo,

Sorry for the late reply, but I had a vew days off.

Can I ask why you chose the i5 and not the i7 processor?

As I wrote here already: Our software does not support Hyperthreading and the performance difference between the i7 & i5 is very small

Any new report on how your new system/solution is holding up?

The system is still working fine and does his job. No issues so far. Still looking for two LED sceens. Screen 1 because you always want to have an eye on your input channels. On screen 2 the mixing channels (not extended view) + the channel strip. The project window I do not need to see.

Cheers,

Chris

I’m curious Chris, may I ask who … being South African myself…(assuming not South Australia?!) :mrgreen:

Hello C.Lyde,

I cannot say much, but currently they work on a “Lucky Dube” tribute project. The mastering engineer where they often work with in S.A. is Tim Lengfeld. He has his mastering studio just outside Stellenbosch.

Cheers,

Chris

Chris:
I thought I’d post this pic of a new Lemur template I made to control Cubase live. It’s particularly cool because it uses a “Mackie Control” device to allow track names and bank switching AND a “Generic Remote” device to control all eqs, sends/auxes, vintage compressor , gate, pan and master out.

Nice one !

Here’s a .zip file with the Lemur template,Cubase Project, Generic Remote map and a note.
Have fun!
Cubase Lemur Template.zip (53.3 KB)

can you upload mp3 or video of this ssesions ? sounds intresting.

also is there a disscount on Drinks for Registerd users ? :wink: