Load channel error: references to wrong track (Alphatrack?)

When i want to load my mastering chain in thhe master channel it happens sometimes that it says something like “BASS channel doesnt match the characteristics”, being BASS channel the first one in the mixer. I try to deselect the channel manually clicking on any other mixer track, then clicking again on the master fader selecting it and still says the same thing.

I am using an Alphatrack. I am thinking maybe thats messing cubase? Any idea?

No problems with Alphatrack here. Did you try disconnecting and see if it still does it?

List your exact steps to reproduce and I’ll try.

Did you save several tracks, or only the master channel as one single channel…?

Only the master track.

I havent disabled Alphatrack yet. I was thinking someboy else might have had the problem without Alphatrack but wanted to include it on the title.

The thing is its quite random, i really dont know when happens, its just from time to time. I must say all the tracks i am using are VSTi outputs and i like to move them so that they mix (vertically in the arrangement) with the midi tracks. So its not the common mixer setup where cubase stores all the VSTi audio return tracks first, and then it moves to all the MIDI tracks in the project. Maybe this is messing Cubase also.

So its not the common mixer setup where cubase stores all the VSTi audio return tracks first, and then it moves to all the MIDI tracks in the project. Maybe this is messing Cubase also.

Sorry to ask again, but: So you saved several channels and want to recall the Master channel only?
If you store seveal channels, on recall, you maust have the same channels in the same configuretion like the save, one wrong channel in between will mess things up.

I saved the master channel and later i want to recall the master fader. If you try to apply the master channel to any other regular channel on the mixer it says something like (transalting to english):

“The settings from channel “output” couldnt be loaded in channel “…”. The type of channels dont match”

The problem here seems to be that, even when the master channel is selected (i can see it in a more white colour), Cubase seems to refer to the first channel of the mixer instead of the master channel so it warns me that the types of channels dont match.

You have to be very specific as to what channels are selected. Obviously in this case you have the first channel selected when you only want the master channel selected.

Or your original save included a channel other than the master channel.

FYI, I have an Alphatrack and regularly save and load channels including the Master Channel and it works fine.

Well, thats the issue. No other channel is selected other than the master channel and still, i keep having the issue.

Seems like I am alone on this. Thanks anyway.

Are you sure you only saved the Master channel?

Yeah, and when it loads, it loads fine so, if i had saved several channels i´d get the same “audio channels mismatch” message ALWAYS.

Hmm… Very Odd!!!

From googling “audio channels mismatch” I’d check your Windows sound settings to see if they’re throwing something about.
Also try the Alphatrack forum a couple of times and then contact support.