Loading Saved MixConsole Presets Glitch [Solved]

What I describe below happens in both Cubase 12 and 13, but not in Cubase 11.
When loading a saved mix console file (.vmx) everything loads fine - except the fader levels. These seem to be semi-random in that, all channels saved with the same fader settings will load with same fader settings, just not the actual saved values.
EG channels saved at -5 dB will load at -3.51 dB, consistently.
The same happens when importing group tracks from a project file.
Anyone else have this problem?
It’s one of the reasons I’m staying with 11. I use this function a lot to achieve some consistency across different but related projects.

1 Like

Hi,

Do you use the same Project Setup > Other Project Settings > Volume Max. setting, as it was, when you stored the preset?

Or is there VCA involved by any chance?

Hi, Martin.
The projects are all from the same basic template, so the settings are all the same.
As for VCAs, I tried with a completely empty new project. I added 4 groups, loaded the saved 4 groups, ended up with the random fader settings. Same with the import.
I tried the same thing with Cubase 11 and the same file loaded correctly.
That was when I created this thread. It’s been the same since Cubase 12.

After some exhaustive testing - this was the problem. Somehow the Max setting was at +12 in the newer projects but +6 in the older, when the files were saved. Yet another senior moment.
Thanks, Martin.:+1:
(As an aside, I’ve heard that the thumbs up emoji has a different meaning these days. I use it in the old sense.)

1 Like

Now you got me worried, my boss uses the thumb up all the time :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Sometimes a thumbs up is just a thumbs up.

1 Like