Location of VSTAudioEngine folder on Mac

Daniel, There ain’t no such file in Sierra! '• Mac: /Users/your-user-name/Library/Preferences/VSTAudioEngine
’ Yes ,I looked in the right folder. Is it something I should create?

Thanks, Ron

I’ve split this topic out from the FAQ topic.

In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder. In the dialog that appears, paste the following:

~/Library/Preferences/

and click Go. In the folder that is selected in the Finder window, scroll all the way to the bottom, and you should find the expected ‘VSTAudioEngine’ folder.

If you can’t find the folder, then please describe in more detail the problem you’re having and I’m sure we’ll be able to figure out what might be going wrong.

Hi Daniel, Thanks for helping me find the file. It was in user/apple… not user/User Name/ … Now, There are 50 entries under name=group value= Components\Category Audio Module Class\Available/ … All have value=“1”. No “0” to be found. I don’t know what products the number are associated with. And I found that the computer resists my editing the whitelist. How to get around this?
By the way, I like the look of Dorico… clean and neat.
I will restrain from bugging you (yes I do look into the various help possibilities before I swallow my pride and ask).
Thanks, Ron

Which VST instrument are you trying to get working with Dorico? Perhaps the necessary GUID is already listed in this thread.

To edit the whitelist, you might need to select its icon in the Finder and do Command-I to Get Info, and make sure that the file is not locked for editing (in the ‘Sharing & Permissions’ group of options at the bottom of the little pop-up window).