Location tree keeps unchecking for all vsts

Hi there.

I’ve got a really weird problem… it first raised its ugly head when I was having some issues, and under advisement from forum peeps, ‘trashed’ the settings so it could reinitialise. Upon doing this, it broke all the connections to the location tree for every vst. “No worries” I thought, “I’ll simply re-tick it for each plugin as I use it.”. Everything was fine and dandy for a few months until…

A couple of weeks ago. Every plugin, when I go to load one of my presaved presets, comes up a blank, until I select Filter, then Location Tree, and re-tick the box. Not only is this annoying but it sometimes crashes cubase upon re-ticking something if I’ve forgotten to pause playback.

Does anyone have any solution to the problem (other than the obvious “Just trash the settings again”, as doing this is what created the problem in the first place)? Any help would be much appreciated as I find even a slight drag on my productivity really annoying, I’d be eternally grateful if anyone knows what is wrong and how to fix it.

I have also been bugged by his problem, ever since I first went to C6 (years ago) which introduced the new “preset browser” to load/save presets. Prior to C6, I had no problems (thru SX3 / C4 / C5). It happens for both VST2 and VST3 plugins. I don’t get crashes though; it’s just a PITA having to turn on the location tree then browse to the correct location every time I want to load a preset.

My preferences have been reset/trashed/sent down a wormhole many times in the last few years, and I’ve even done a couple of clean re-installs, but it hasn’t helped with this problem.

Cheers for the reply 'fecker, good to know I’m not the only one dealing with this. I’ve managed to avoid crashing in the meantime by making sure I stop playback everytime I need to relink a tree. Properly annoying though!

It’s a shame I can’t afford the latest version as I fear all the mods (who in the past have been helpful and knowledgeable) will now be lurking in the cubase 7 section.