Logic Pro for iPad - how will Steinberg respond?

auv3 multi out support in Logic iPad? I’ve been trying to set up EGpulse multi out in Logic. Didn’t work. I’d like to know how that is done. In Cubases3 it’s simple.

@meltdowns61 it does work fine. I PM’d you the “recipe” as I don’t want to support another product within Steinberg’s forum.

It does no service to Steinberg to downplay the actual capabilities of a competitor. All of this eventually comes out “in the wash” so to speak.

If Steinberg wants to play in the IOS space, they’ll have to compete head to head with Apple.

As an aside, one very tangible asset Cubasis has is @LSlowak. I can’t speak for anyone else here, but I truly appreciate the support Lars personally provides to his customers!

I second that wholeheartedly :beers:

2 Likes

@LSlowak has done a great job communicating on here.

1 Like

BTW, Logic Pro for iPad has the mixer UI requests I commented time some time ago:

• Lock the position of the Master channel
  • Horizontal scroll bar for the channel strip.
    These small details substantially improve the user experience.
1 Like

And today I learned from users on the Audiobus forum who tested for plug-in delay compensation in Logic Pro iPad and found that it is fact supported.

Wow, Steinberg, you have your work cut out for you. You have the IP in spades. Bring it over to the iPad. Apple has proven it is doable. Belly up to the bar and compete!

Mmm,:thinking:
According to what have I have read on the Audiobus forum is:

1. Logic for iPad is not the full version of Logic. Rather, it’s an ARM version of the software that has been redesigned for touch. It’s not the full-featured DAW that many people were hoping for.
  2. Logic for iPad will not support full automation. Now, don’t get me wrong…it’s definitely a solid improvement over GarageBand, it will still have its limitations. AUv3 Plug-in automation, in particular, will be lacking.
  3. Another limitation of Logic for iPad is that it only supports AUv3 plugins. While this will encourage some developers to create iPad-compatible versions of their plugins, it also means that users will need to purchase new versions of plugins that they already own.
  4. In addition, there is the possibility that users may need to pay for extra instruments. Many instruments are missing from Logic for iPad, and users may need to pay extra to access them.

I must stress, the above 4 paragraphs have not been confirmed.
Reading paragraph 3 was like hitting the Emergency Stop Button! I have a number of IAA synths that I would/want to keep on using, for me that is definitely a reason not to use LP, automation is another reason to stick with Cubasis and wait for future updates that may improve our workflow.

No need to respond to that.

Logic Pro iPad isn’t 100% of Logic Pro. Follow the threads on the Audiobus forum and see what actually made it over from the Mac version (by the way, the M1 and M2 chips are in fact ARM architecture System on Chip designs). It’s a very significant part of the Mac functionality that’s present in the iPad version.

But, by comparison, what percentage of Cubase’s functionality made it over to Cubasis?

Try both (I have) and make up your own mind. Either choice is quite valid.

I see your point,

I Love Cubasis! I personally would like to see Cubasis just port Cubase to iPad! The full program with more waves plugins would blow Logic out the water! Don’t let Cubasis get a Antares Autotune partnership , Ozone , or team up with Rode to make the iPad the new Podcater Pro 3! Maybe I’m just dreaming, but to me the recording layout in the Amplitude app looks like a real Daw I would wish to have with unlimited tracks,

One major topic that logic for iPad features and Cubases still not is tempo tracks. Especially if you are collaborating or Songwriting in a more complex environment. This is discussed in the Feature Forum of Cubasis since 2016, without any respond from Steinberg relating to, IF this feature is planned nor when it will be delivered. In other words: Steinberg missed one major chance to become leader in iPad related sequencers, wich surely will become more and more important. Software providers are more and more reducing the differentiation between desktop and mobile operating systems, and devices are becoming more and more powerfull. Apple even uses the same processors currently for tablets and notebooks.

1 Like