Logical Editor: Dragging MIDI note does not initialize length parameter

I’m Trying to follow this part of the manual: Filter Conditions
It says:

If the list contains no entries, a MIDI event dragged into this section will form conditions including the state and type of the event. If it contains entries, the dragged event will initialize the matching parameters. For example, if a length condition is used, the length will be set according to the length of the event.

I tried to follow, I have the following condition set, and I dragged the selected note:

Unfortunately, nothing happened. Even if I selected a different parameter in the Bar Range/Time Base option.

This does work with Velocity though, so I figured I wasn’t doing anything wrong. Correct me if I’m wrong - but I’m pretty sure it’s a bug.

Hi,

You are referring to Cubase 9.5 manual. I can’t find this in Cubase 11 manual. Could you share the link to Cubase 11 manual with this statement, please?

@Martin.Jirsak Sorry, this is the same page in cubase 11 manual: Filter Conditions

The same thing is written.

Hi,

It’s working for me here. See attached (ZIPped) video, please.

Drag&Drop_MIDIevents_to_LE.mov.zip (861.8 KB)

You did not understand the exact scenario:

• Set the logical editor with Type is Equal Note AND Length Equal <something>
  • Now drag the note in

Expected behavior: Parameter 1 will change according to the length of the note.
Actual: nothing happens.

This is a bug.

Hi,

OK, I can confirm, only the Value 1 (Pitch), Value 2 (Velocity) and Channel parameters of the MIDI Note are overtaken, if the filter section contains any entry.