Logical Editor Help: selecting same note

So I’m have a hard time figuring out how to re-create a function I used to have saved as a preset and I’m hoping someone handy with the Logical Editor can quickly tell me how to set it up.

• I would like to be able to select any MIDI note while in the piano roll page and use the “Logical Editor” to be able to select that same note (let’s say it’s E3 for example) whenever it occurs.

• Also useful would be a similar thing, whereas you select a note, (let’s say a C for example) and use a Logical Editor preset to select all C’s (regardless of 8ve). Make sense? Thanks!

This does exist outside of the LE, in the menus: Edit>Select> something like all of this pitch, all of this pitch in all octaves. Sorry, not in front of the machine right now.

Yes! I was using “note” in my search in the key commands page and couldn’t find it for the life of me. By using the word “pitch” I found it. “Equal Pitch - all Octaves” and “Equal Pitch - Same Octave”

Many thanks!
Screen Shot 2013-10-30 at 6.01.03 PM.png

:smiley:

Alternately, hold Shift and double click on a note and it will select all others of the same pitch after it.