Logical Editor presets gone

I have just updated 8.5 to 9 and see that all of my Logical Editor presets have gone! I don’t think this happened wth previous updates, surely all presets should be carried over in the update process?

Can anyone help me to recover them please?

Copy them manually from Cubase 8.5 user data folder to Cubase 9 user data folder.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I have had a look at the folders and found something strange.

If I look at (for 8.5) C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 8.5\Presets\Logical Edit, then I can see the sets I have been using, particularly Standard Set 1 and Standard Set 2.

And if I look at (for 9) C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 9\Presets\Logical Edit, I see exactly the same, it includes Standard Set 1 and Standard 2.

So I assume they have been copied over and no need for me to do so (as I would expect).

Now…when I have been using 8.5, (and I just checked again) I open the Key Editor for a MIDI file then select Logical Editor and click for the presets, and I get them no problem.

Hpwever, when I do the same with newly-installed Cubase 9, ie. open the Key Editor for a MIDI file, select Logical Editor and click for the presets…nothing happens.

What is wrong?

it’s %AppData%\Steinberg\Cubase 9_64, not the program folder…

1 Like

Steve, you are a star. Problem solved, many thanks!

(And thanks misohoza, I probably misunderstood your words!)