Logical Editor to select some notes

If I have, say, hihats playing at 1/16 fixed velo. I want to tweak velocities of only hihat 2, 4, 6, 8(etc) or 1, 3, 5, 7, 9(etc)…
1 out of 2, from first note of selection or from second… Is it possible?

Look to the presets to get started.

… and look at those presets with the Logical Editor window open, to see how the preset was made :wink:.

Believe me iiiiiii’ve looked
And with other presets I’ve understand things for logical Editor but not my request…

Am I missing one preset or something guys?

Look at the Downbeat Accent preset in the experimental menu. You’ll also need to add a criteria before all the “or” clauses to only select the note value that corresponds to your hats.

Thx I think I tried downbeat accent, but I think it was only if it was locked to grid… I just need to select 1 out of 2 at any position

I’ll try tomorrow with a new look, in case I missed something
Thx

Are there presets that use Last Event? I don’t see any.

The filters Last Event and Event Counter are what you need here. It’s every other (or every Nth) starting with the first selected.

Then you can manipulate the vel values in the lower pane. (EDIT: in my example I changed pitch)

Cool, I never knew about that capability.

Thx Steve, I’m gonna look into that today…
I think you got me that solution :stuck_out_tongue:
I already made my own logical preset to, 1 randomize velocities on selected notes and 2 randomize position of selected notes…

So now if I figure out how to select only 1 out of 2 or 3 or 4, I’ll be the king of note selectors looool

Thx again

every second note, after courser position, in a certain pitch - good for drum pad to select certain drum.
you can change the pitch every time you use