In January I upgraded from 4.5 to 7.0 & 7.5 (both installed)
At the moment I’m sticking to 7.0.7 as I have the full manual and a pile of tutorial videos.
I wanted to fix some velocities on a midi track and went to Midi Logical Editor (the logical presets option on the menu below was greyed out). Sadly - no presets were displayed.
Tried the same thing in 7.5 and they’re there.
Now, I’ve had a bit of a search on this forum, but not found a solution yet so more information for you to help me with:
- I’m using the 64 bit for both versions.
- I installed 7.0 then upgraded to 7.5 and then removed 7.0.
- Once I realised the manual was 7.0 (only an addendum for 7.5) and I’d purchased the tutorials, I decided to install 7.0 again as the learning curve from 4.5 is quite steep (loving it!)
- I have found the XMLs for the presets in the following locations:
a) Program files/Steinberg/Cubase 7/presets/logical edit
b) ditto/ditto/Cubase 7.5/ditto/ditto
c) Users/myname/appdata/roaming/Steinberg/presets/logical edit
So, the XML’s are there.
5) The folder creation dates seem to echo the installations:
a) users 10/1/14 with file dates for the XMLs 10/1/14
b) 7.0 26/1/14 with xml file dates of 26/11/2012
c) 7.5 3/1/2014 with xml file dates of 22/11/2013
So, I’m mystified as to why 7.0.7 can’t see the presets.
The only thing I can think of is that Cubase references the presets in the users/… folders, but is seeing 7.5 version presets which perhaps don’t load into 7.0. But if both versions can run side by side, then I defeat my own argument!
Can anyone help & shed some light on this please? In very simple English for a very simple old man preferably