Long C7 loading time *midi*

Hey guys

Hope im not wasting everyone’s time with this question but ever since updating to 7.0.2, my C7 boot time has gotten longer by a good 30-40 secs. When the slash screen comes up, it will sit mostly on “Midi”.

I really have no idea what could cause this. Older versions always loaded faster. Not really the end of all things but it does get a bit annoying.

Im using a Win7, 64bit machine.

thank you in advance for any suggestions!

First question, did you start with new preferences?

Second question, if the answer to the first question is no :slight_smile: have you tried booting in safe mode for Cubase?

We have this issue and reported it before.

As for new preferences. We just installed the update.

We were not, as I recall, asked to nominate new preferences. so what precisely are you referring to?

It’s a well known fix to root out so-called “bugs” in Cubase or Nuendo.

Aah. The "well known fix "! Of course!

Just for the record what exactly is the fix?

Just cannot quite recall although it rings a bell.

Lot of bells ringing around here… :smiley:

It removes settings created on first start of the application, which may not be compatible with future updates.

The midi search time at Cubase startup depends on how many Midi devices you’ve got on your system. As I’ve added CMC controllers over time I’ve seen this delay get longer. If I start up Cubase with the Midi devices removed (usb hubs unplugged) then the delay is very short. I’ve got a BCF2000 plus 7 CMC devices and the delay is about 30 secs. I also think there may be an issue if you change usb ports - leaving ghost devices, I can’t see why Cubase shows more instances of the CMC devices than I physically have. I’ll have to post this issue over on the CMC forum.

[quote="skug
It removes settings created on first start of the application, which may not be compatible with future updates.[/quote]

Very funny ha. :laughing:

What I meant was “What is the fix?” :question:
Not “What does it do?”

Ok. We have the same number of USB devices we had with 6.5 yet the startup time is longer with Cubase 7. This is a ponderable mystery much like women and dark stars. :sunglasses:

[quote=“galvinstephen”]

Very funny ha. :laughing:
What I meant was “What is the fix?” :question:
Not “What does it do?”[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

You trash the preferences folder, or move it to somewhere else. Then Cubase creates a new preferences folder next time you start Cubase.