Long delay while launching?

when I launch cubase 7 (64 bit) the spash screen stays on ‘MIDI’ for about 30/45 seconds before moving on!

I am using a MOTU midi express 128… cubase 6 did this also…

does anyone know why this might be happening?

Have you trashed your preferences at least once after upgrading?

Yea I have… still the same! :frowning:

I don’t suppose the new safe mode will help maybe?

Or what about eLc is it fully up to date?

Do you get the same result if you remove the Motu device, or uninstall the drivers?

setting Cubase to run as administrator has worked wonders for the start up bit on my machine. It’s worth a shot.

30-45s on “Initializing: midi” seems normal : here idem with cubase 7.0.1
I experience the same with a lot of version of Cubase sometimes it’s long under “Initializing:Content”
and it’s not only on my system
best regards
dup

Not that it helps you any, but as a reference and answering the question, I don’t experience any such delays at all.

yes, even with no motu drivers installed it still pauses at ‘MIDI’ :cry:

Here there is a pause at MIDI, but it’s around 6-10 seconds

\

Mac OS 10.8.2 Cubase 6.0.7, Cubase 7.0.1, Macbook Pro 2.3ghz 13" 2011, 8gb ram, TC Electronic Konnekt 24d, GPO 4, Zeta Violin, Fatar SL-880 pro, BCF 2000

I’m really not sure it’s a midi problem : prehaps cubase stay here but load something else!?
if you put “cubase initializing midi” in google you will see more than 8000 entrires
What can be insterested is some result from people that say how long it takes to open Cubase.
dup

Maybe but remember when SB optimized the project launch time in V5?

Not too difficult to believe it will come again at what ever point in the load cycle appears a problem under sustained testing.