Long save times -- is this something in the works to fix?

I don’t mean to start a big bitch-fest here, but since coming to Cubase 8.5 from Pro Tools I’ve noticed gigantically longer save times on large projects (same-sized projects for both).

Does anyone know if this is on the list for improvement in C9? It can really put a stick in your flow when you’re working on big score projects, especially when I’m used to the very fast save times of the enemy DAW on sessions that were just as large. :slight_smile:

You’re not the first to moan about this and won’t be the last. Make sure your current project folder is on the fastest device you have available to you. If you don’t have ssd hard disks then at the very least buy a small cheap one just to house a current project folder.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve got my entire system and samples and audio on SSD drives, which I guess is the best I can do.

But damn it really really really gets in the way of work, these super long save times on large projects. Obviously it’s possible to have super quick ones because other DAWs have it, so I truly hope it’s coming in C9! It’s a major roadblock to creative flow when you’re coming from a DAW that almost always saves nearly instantaneously.