Long track names do not auto line-break and wrap to 2 lines in the mixer on Windows 10

Quite simply, long track names do not auto line-break and wrap to 2 lines in the mixer on Windows 10.

This is an issue that has been around for some time now, (see the C10 Example.jpg) and one that Steinberg apparently knows about yet is seemingly is unable to fix or what’s more likely at this point, unwilling to fix.

Amazingly this issue was fixed in the initial release of 10.5 (see the C10.5 Example.jpg) but broken again in the next and all subsequent 10.5 updates. I’m inclined to think that this was a “happy accident” as Bob Ross would say and not an entended bug fix seeing how quickly the problem came back.

Now Cubase 11 has arrived and to no surprise, it’s STILL broken. (see the C11 Example.jpg)

To me this issue is very important and affects how I work. I payed £85 for an upgrade that I now can’t use, and have to continue using the initial release of 10.5 and forgo the other bug fixes and new features that the newer versions have.

Seriously, what’s going on? Are you ever going to fix this?

This issue may seem like “small potatoes” to you Steinberg, but it’s something that you really need to address.

Thank you for your time.

1 Like

+1 ! very annoying and workd in earlier versions of Cubase and also hoped this was fixed in 11. No way…

+1

+1

+1

They took it off already in 10.5.12 because it looked horrible in 10.5 inital release.
And they didn’t care about it for 11. All time these little disapointments.

Nobody of them even acknowledging it, I believe

1 Like

Agree. Truly annoying. Just tried 10.5.0 and it worked like a charm (Win10H2). I didnt find a Steinberg statement on this. Support didnt answer within 2 weeks. Shame on you, Steinberg.

Support did not answer within 4 month for my tickets. I’m getting used to be let down

Well I got an answer in the meantime … but it was … erm … disappointing:
The feature might come back … with version 12.
Yes TWELVE, not 11.5.
Grrrr.

Thanks for the info.
Guess I’ll wait for 12 and not waste my time or money with 11.5.

Well I got an answer in the meantime … but it was … erm … disappointing:
The feature might come back … with version 12.
Yes TWELVE, not 11.5.
Grrrr.

This is a big one for me, surely, in the scheme of how technical/capable etc. cubase is, this is a pretty simple thing to fix… VERY disappointed if it doesn’t come until 12…

Exactly their attitude. Now imagine this had been missing on the Apple side? The user base had ranted so heavily that Steinberg would have fixed it within some weeks LOL
Wondering which Cubase 9-11 features will make it finally into a v12.0 (which won’t be free)
Slowly wondering what’s going so wrong?

1 Like

This issue has been fixed as of the Cubase 11.0.40 maintenance update.

1 Like

or is it just another happy accident?
“i’ll be bach” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yessssss it’s working again!