Looks like I need a new video card

I got my second ADK turnkey PC in March 2016 with the specific request that It be able to run 3 displays. I did a studio upgrade/remodel this summer that had the PC offline for 12 weeks. At the beginning of the fall I went back online with the 3 new displays (HP27es’ 27" screen). That’s when I realized I had a problem.

The current video card in the new PC is an Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti. I has a VGA out, 2 DVI-D outs and 1 HDMI out. All of my displays have only VGA (1) and HDMI (2) inputs. So I purchased 2 DVI to HDMI cables to connect 2 displays and ran the third display with a straight HDMI cable. I should note that these are all 15 foot cables because my PC is located in a machine room away from the studio. The 2 DVI to HDMI cables work fine but the single HDMI display keeps dropping connection every 20 minutes or so! Needless to say that was totally unworkable. So I was forced to use the VGA connection, which works and is stable but DOESN’T MATCH THE OTHER 2 SCREENS (think refracted image of a straw in a glass o water)! :astonished:

ADK support has been great with trying to sort the problem out. But it’s looking like I’m going to have to replace the video card. They’re suggesting a Nvidia GTX 1060. When I started researching this card I found about the Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X. I’m not trying to do this again. So I’m wondering if I should go for this one instead. Since it’s clearly a “Gamer’s Video Card,” the question is is this waaaay more than I need or will it make Nuendo 8 look awesome? Will I have to upgrade my power supply just to run it? Is it worth the money (bang for the buck)? Should I just take the GTX 1060 card? I am clearly in over my head on this decision. So, experienced advice is desperately sought. My PC specs are located in my signature at the bottom.

Can you guys help me with this?

The GTX 1060 should be more than enough. It’s quite powerful. Even a previous generation card like the GTX 960 might do the job.

The Titan is waaay overkill. You’re not nearly using half of the processing power that’s available on your current graphics card, getting a much more powerful card is silly.
You just need a graphics card with suitable outputs that can run a long distance without looking bad. (IE, DVI or DisplayPort.) Note that with DVI, the display resolution is limited to 2048x1152 @60Hz max, so if your individual monitors are larger than that you need DP.

Thanks for the info. As I said, I was feeling overwhelmed with understanding all the new specs! I ended up getting a GTX 1050ti, which has 3 HDMI ports as well as DVI-D and Display. So, hopefully I’ll finally have 3 MATCHED digital images to work from.