Loop recording IAA sync issue DM2

Has anyone been able to figure out a way to make sure DM2 stays in sync when doing loop recording. I tried other drum external drum machines. This one seemed the most stable to the Cubasis midi clock.
Any help!? :open_mouth:

I’m having the same problem.

Help please :slight_smile:

MIDI Clock in Cubasis does not work when looping, each loop is very slightly shorter than it should be, meaning the synced app or hardware drifts.
I believe this is logged, and has been for quite some time.

A workaround of sorts is to copy your parts across the timeline many times, and do not use looped playback in cubasis when using MIDI Clock sync…

Thanks for the reply Andy!

As I was reading your comment I figured after all I don’t have the same problem as microluv.

I have no sync between Cubasis and DM2 on playback in general, not just in loop mode.

Sorry for the confusion, however this is even worse :frowning:

Any ideas?

I have the same problem at the moment with trying to send midi clock to Funk Drummer. I’m still trying to figure it out. If I do I’ll let you know.

Hi RobertFernandes, Hi Andy,

I suggest to get in touch with Pascal Douillard (DM2) and Luis Martinez (Funk Drummer) directly.
I am at hand to have them equipped with Cubasis promo codes if required at their end.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars

I was able to get Funk Drummer to receive MIDI Clock by using Midifire…I setup a template that received MIDI Clock from Cubasis into the MIDI Fire Clock, then sending clock from there to Funk Drummer.
Clock sync works fine like this, but Start/Stop is not…

I’ll Contact Luis with this also.

Thanks

Andy

Strange, I remember that John Walden exactly tested this in his review back then.
http://musicappblog.com/funk-drummer-review/

Sounds like a good idea to get in touch with Luis about it.
I’m at hand to provide him with a promo code for testing purposes if required.

Best,
Lars

Yeah I’m sure it used to work as well…not tried it for a while so do not know when it stopped.