Loop selection, like in protools?

Fair enough - my bad for not completely grasping what I was looking for in my original post.

The one thing that helped me as I moved over from PT was to take some of the PT key commands and reuse them (on the same keys) in Nuendo, then map whatever else I wanted to where I wanted it… but I’ve also made it a point to use modifier keys in a way that I think is logical. So spacebar to me is start/stop playback, and Alt+spacebar is Loop Selection. The insert key is import audio file, Alt+insert is import AAF, Ctrl+insert is import video, and so on.

Good suggestions, especially about the modifier keys!

Just figured I’d throw that out there if you’re in the process of creating key command layouts.

Thanks so much!

One more thing Jeff,

I think it was Fredo who recommended this to me, long before I actually took his advice - in a sense you have to let go of PT a bit and optimize your brain and workflow for Cubendo rather than the opposite. The two are just slightly different. So if you find yourself fighting with “odd” editing behavior or something I would say the same and recommend you give Cubase’s way of doing things a shot.

I edit way faster in Nuendo these days than before I let go of some PT-centric things. It’s hard to do since it may be really set in muscle memory, but it’s worth in my opinion to consider other ways of working if you run into a ‘wall’. They’re both great software so…

2 Likes

Absolutely - I very much want to do that - understand and adopt the Cubase way. One of the challenges is not really knowing enough about the Cubase way to start to appreciate it. In the example of this thread, I suppose I could try to work without the macro workaround. I’m torn. I want to learn the best practices of Cubase, but I also want to just find a foothold to get started. The playback/cursor position was just confusing the heck out of me, so I guess the macro will be the way for now. When I get set up with a keyboard with a numeric keypad, I’ll probably try giving some of those num pad key commands a try.

1 Like

Don’t worry. Cubase can be heavily customized to fit your workflow. And you can always change your settings. Free your mind :slight_smile:
You can save your key commands from time to time (as a preset in the key commands window itself).

1 Like