LoopMash - How to record Scene Recall?

Hi everyone, I seem to be stuck with LoopMash and need help… I’m running Cubase 6 so this is LoopMash 2

I hit F11, load LoopMash from the VST Instruments panel and create a MIDI track for it. I can record scene changes using the MIDI keyboard (when I record actual MIDI data on the MIDI track) but for some reason, even when I hit “Write” within LoopMash to record my changes inside the VSTi, it doesn’t record scene changes… I can adjust all other sliders but just can’t record scene changes.

In the VSTi folder, the LoopMash track has a pulldown menu where I should be able to select Recall Scene, correct? I’m reading Going Pro with Cubase 5 and it mentions it. Did that change for Cubase 6/LoopMash 2?

I understand that I can get it to work using MIDI as mentioned above and I understand that I can bus it through an audio track and record that way, but I’d like to be able to click on the scene numbers and have those recorded…

Help?

As far as I see, you have one section of the keyboard assigned to the 24 scenes of Loopmash 2, and another section to the Performance Controllers. That suggests, that you write those as MIDI notes. I see this actually as something very comfortable.

You might consider programming a Drum Map for LoopMash 2, to have visual control over it without automating.
Hope this helps.

Roger

I find it visually much easier to trigger the scenes right from LoopMash. Triggering via MIDI is possible, but that’s not the point…

How can that feature be missing at all? It’s like I’m missing a part of Cubase somehow… If I write-enable LoopMash and can record EVERY setting change from within LoopMash, where is the recall scene automation lane? I mean, a book tells me I can access it, you know?

Here is Steinberg’s official response on this:

“You do not automate the pattern changes in LoopMash. Each pattern is triggered by a specific note. You can play a keyboard realtime to change this or program notes into the key editor that change over time. Note C0 will play the first pattern.”

I’ll update the thread when I find out if this used to be a function in Cubase 5. Can anyone else confirm this in the meantime? Seems like a great big shame to me. I find the visual approach a much more intuitive one…