Losing file recordings

Hi there. I am running the most up to date Cubasis on an iPad3 with iOS 8. Recently I have begun to lose recorded files when I open a project. The track will still be there and highlighted areas still present but the waveform has disappeared. I also have an issue where in one case there are separate regions on a track all with waveforms but one of the regions has no audio on it at all even though there is a waveform. Mute and volume parameters are not enabled. The CPU is struggling as well and is constantly about third of the way up.

Any ideas? Thanks in anticipation!

Hi Bartington,

Wich iOS 8 version you are used ?

<track will still be there and highlighted areas still present but the waveform has disappeared.
  1. Open the audio file in the audio editor
  2. Close the audio editor
    Is the waveform now visible ?

<but one of the regions has no audio on it at all even though there is a waveform.

1. Open the audio file in the audio editor
  2. start the playback inside the audio editor
    Is the playback audible and is the waveform visible ?

Can you send us an step by step description for an repro ?

or can you send us the Project ?

best jan

Hi there. Thanks for the swift reply. I have wiped the iPad and started again so unfortunately I no longer have the project. I am running iOS 8.1.1. My concern was that it was an issue with the iPad. I should have saved the project. I had recorded the audio as regions in 3 or 4 passes and all was well and I saved a snapshot but the waveforms had gone when i reopened the project although the regions were still highlighted. I did open a region in the editor but there was nothing (I had recorded via Audiobus using M3000 Mellotron).

On a separate project I had recorded on a separate project several regions and combined them onto one track (without any overlaps) using the same settings as above. All regions contained waveforms but one region had no audio although as I described there were no mute or volume parameter changes set. When i opened this region in the editor there was a waveform but no audio. Interestingly when I zoomed in time the region got bigger but the waveform stayed the same size and when I moved the region the waveform remained in the same place.

I have made a mistake by wiping the iPad and beginning again. I haven’t had time to experiment with another project at the moment but will try and make it happen again and send you the project!

Cheers for the moment.

Bill