Lost ability to change parameters numerically

Lost ability to change parameters numerically with one left click.

The problem started when I was using VariAudio on a vocal track and tried changing the algorithm (I Know that is a no no). I got a fatal error message; saved the project (Cubase gave it a -01 at the end of the file name). and closed Cubase 6. When I re-opened it the ASIO was not set and program was acting like a brand new install. I set the ASIO (Interface), VST connections and preferences. Now when I work I lost functionality when trying to highlight and change values numerically i.e.; left and right locators, transport position, volume, pan in the mixer etc…. I used to be able to left click once on any of these numbers and change the value. Now when I try in the transport panel they stay highlighted for maybe 1/3 of a second. Anywhere else it doesn’t highlight at all. I now have to double click to change parameters. I uninstalled from (START>ALL PROGRAMS) re-installed / no change. I then removed program as well as Halion SE, VST amp rack and loopmash in the control panel and reinstalled again. Still no functionality. I checked Cubase 4.52 and it is still working. When I re-installed both times it did seem to know my setup (ASIO, interface, vst connections) where as when the crash first happened it didn’t. I use that functionality in my workflow constantly and would be nice to get back. I have read about trashing preferences but don’t know how to go about doing that.

Cubase 4 & 6, Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600 @ 2.4 GHZ), 3.00 GB Ram, Windows XP Pro SP3, RME fireface 400, Native instruments Komplete 4, 5 & 6, UAD 1, Liquid mix, Izotope Ozone 4

Re-configure your preferences, it´s all in there. Obviously they were reset to default after the crash. And no, at the moment I don´t know the exact place where to look…