Lost all my projects after cubasis update in ios14

Hello

Just updated to the latest iOS14 and cubasis, is there anyway to recover them back if I had never backed up the iPad?

That’s why I don’t touch it… let this be a lesson for you… I’ve lost not only my money to this weak program but also lost my music. I have so much regret working in cubasis 3. I bought the program during first Corona wave. Baddest decision ever… smh…

HI GavrielRafael,

I’m sorry to hear about this.

While we always recommend to backup important data and projects on a regular basis, we did not experience data loss ourselves due to updating iOS and/or Cubasis versions.

Please let us have more details what you have exactly done.
Did you delete the Cubasis app before updating to iOS 14?

Stay well
& best wishes,
Lars

Just updated after ios14, I dont know what else to say, cant you guys write a code so that user files remain untouched instead of over written?

Just updated after ios14,
I dont know what else to say, cant you guys write a code so that user files remain untouched instead of over written?

Hi GavrielRafael,

Thank you for your message, we’re sorry about your case.

Just updated after ios14,
I dont know what else to say, cant you guys write a code so that user files remain untouched instead of over written?

As written before, we did not experience any case of data loss ourselves due to updating iOS and/or Cubasis versions.
Neither we did hear about cases from other users.

Nevertheless, we strongly recommend to backup important projects and files on a regular basis.

Best wishes,
Lars

Hi GavrielRafael,

In addition, here comes the technical explanation from our engineering:
Apps have no control over the update process, no app code gets executed when iOS or an app is updated.
Cubasis never deletes or overwrites user files except when you delete something from the MediaBay’s Trash folder.

iOS does all of the updating and it retains all app data, except if you manually delete an app or wipe all device data. iOS and app updates have always worked fine on all our testing devices for 8 years now.

Our only explanation is that it’s an iOS bug that occurs very rarely and we suggest reporting this to Apple Support.

To be on the safe side in the future, we recommend that you regularly backup all your data via iCloud Backup or to a Mac or PC.

Best wishes,
Lars

Apple said its your fault., that you guys did not put anything in place to prevent over writing new project folders and files and this is not a IOS issue, no other apps on their platform erases documents and files upon updating or even re installing a removed app.

I tested this myself with several other apps, I had erased and re installed them only to discover the docs where still in place.
please assure you fix this coding issue on your side.

You are totally right!!
Admin Don’t like m and will probably banned me From this forum for speaking truth, using freedom of speech…

I Paid 50 euros plus the building purchases.
This thing crashes, doesn’t work as it should, weak on all angles… lost my music too… I feel you bro!

Hi GavrielRafael,

Thank you for your message.
Again, we are sorry to hear about your data loss.

In my previous message, I’ve clarified the situation from our end.
Be assured, that you would see countless user complaints here and in other forums (such as the Audiobus forum), if there would be a problem like this.

Once more, is it possible, that you’ve accidentally deleted the app?
Important: This always comes with losing all your projects and files, since a fresh install of Cubasis never includes user-related files (which is the same with other apps).

Thanks,
Lars

Hi, no this took place after updating and besides most apps I have such as procreate, Garageband etc do not erase their docs along with deleting the app, is this not correct?

That’s something new Apple introduced. Maybe in iOS 12? Used to be that deleting an app deleted all the data for it, and I suspect a lot of apps still behave that way.