Lost Cubase AI 6 After Upgrade to Yosemite

I upgraded to Yosemite recently without knowing Cubase AI 6 is not supported.

I tried to install Cubase AI 7 to upgrade but without a copy of AI 6 I am unable to.

Hi and welcome,

To install Cubase AI 7, you don’t need to install Cubase AI 6 in general. You need just the license of Cubase AI 6, to be able to upgrade the license.

Make sure, you are using the Installer Tools for Yosemite

Hi Martin and thank you for replying.

I used the tool you suggested and completed installation but after I enter my Cubase AI 6 license I receive a product activation failed message:

“The activation code has been used already. An activation code can be used only once to download or upgrade a license. Please contact your software vendor to get a valid activation code.”

Hi,

OK, it seams, you already used this Activation Code for your Cubase before. Now, follow the Reactivation steps, please.

I PM’d you a picture. I think I only have access to the demo version

Hi,

You have the regular Cubase AI 6, plus Cubase AI 7 is installed, but there is no license and the usage period haven’t start yet.

So if you don’t have an Activation Code of Cubase AI 7 (if you didn’t buy an upgrade from AI 6 to AI 7) to be able to activate it, use your Cubase AI 6, please.

I’m so lost, I did something today that made me lose my Cubase 6 Activation Code and eLicenser out of the “My Products” section. Now, I only have my Cubase 7 Activation code and the “Reactivation of Product” option is not working I’m told to “Please contact your software vendor to get a valid activation code.” … Is it possible since i haven’t used AI 7 to have 1 of my AI Activation Codes ReActivated?

I also PM’d you some screenshots

Hi,

I would say it’s totally OK, now. On your Soft-eLicenser (3627…) is your Cubase AI 7 activated. I expect this is on your new computer. Reactivation is not needed anymore.

You should be able to run your Cubase AI7, now.

Yes this is on my new Mac Mini.

I PM’d you another screenshot