Lost my insert presets...

Brrrr…
I don’t know why, but when I open C6 on OSX all my insert presets are gone… :imp:

The vstpresets still remain…

Hello Sonik,

I’m sorry for the trouble. I am a little confused on this, do you mean that the default presets are still there, but your personal presests are missing for the insert plugins? Or do you mean that all of the presets are missing?

Has anything recently changed on the computer? Thank you.

The vstpresets from the plugs-ins are ok.
The big problem was with the inserts plugins from the tracks, groups and fx’s channels… All are gone!!
C6 Inserts.jpg

I’m sorry but there is not a place to reset those personal presets for the Inserts. My best suggestion would be to go back to the project you set the Insert preset with and manually save it again.

I want to upgrade to version 6 from C. Studio 4, but am having the same issue with my presets and a re-install from the disk didn’t fix the problem. I would hope Cubase 6 wouldn’t give me the same problem. I lost my presets after using the Media Bay, which up until then I never used. But in the process of using the Media Browser(s) (or whatever else I was jacking with at the time) Cubase lost all Vst presets, including Halion Player (locate contents on Halion doesn’t seem to fix it).

@strictlyaudio Resetting your Application Data/Preferences will cause Cubase to go back to it’s natural defaults (including presets). Uninstalling/reinstalling often does not remove the App Data, and therefore does not reset your presets. I hope this information helps.

It happened again…
Cubase crashed, maybe because of memory problem, and then when I opened it it loosed my new insert presets…

Maybe Steinberg could look about this problem.
As I know if you save any preset, vst preset, eq preset and then Cubase crashed you loose all the presets you saved before…

This happens every couple of months for me. I think, but have no solid evidence, that this has to do with the way the presets are saved (something with mediabay) and since mediabay is and has always been bug central, it causes often loss of user defined presets and settings. Happens a lot when I have a major crash (which is pretty often).

Best thing to do would be to try to backup your presets in other ways, save .fxp…fxb and seperate plugin setting or screenshots.

This has been happening since v4 for me.

As a workaround I’ve to think of making backups, every day, of all the presets…
But this should get revised by Steinberg…

this happened to me today AFTER using the media bay, not something I’ve done a lot in the past. How many of these f¤&¤/in bugs can be in one program? Wouldn’t be a pretty good idea if Steinberg fixed all these bugs before giving us fancy updates? these are core functions that HAVE to work ALL THE TIME. BugBase 6

problem solved: go to the media bay - find the Steinberg folder on your hard drive and then perform a deep scan on it and the presets should return