Lounge is quiet

ROTFLMAO!!!
{‘-’}

It’s been on for a while now hasn’t it :wink: I got very lucky I first got the renaissance bundle cost me £100 from dv247
Then along came the deals I think it was black friday it all kicked of and on Facebook waves released a discount code for the SSL bundle cost me £250 I picked up the h-compressor for £60 so I didn’t do bad.

They kept the deals coming think n fast as far as I could see people have been snapping them up too.
Lets hope it inspires waves to rethink their pricing a bit or maybe run a deal a month.

The one that got away was the the 10 band eq the did for something daft like $9 I should of got that one.
And at the time when they were starting off with all the deals I had money ( very little left now and all boring bill to pay) so I can’t afford any more plugins :unamused:

It’s a shame as I would really liked to get their synth Element it’s pretty awesome and at $99 its a steel

Funnily enough I’m waiting for a Christmas present to be delivered here due this week ;
a big chunk of Chinese laminate wood in the shape of ( wait for it … )
a double bass !

• Can’t wait to get alone with it in a darkened room :stuck_out_tongue:

Dangerous curves! Don’t be starting any tidal waves Dave! :laughing:

For the colours, Robin . :wink:
A couple of years back a friend had a baby grand in his furniture workshop for French Polishing . The lid and the music rest were off under a corrugated roof right under the flightpath of the local airport . Everytime I heard a plane coming I would rest my forehead on it with the sustain pedal down and enjoy the colours . ( Synaesthesia ) . I’m looking forward to dancing with a doghouse :smiley:

Awesome Dave! What did ya get?

The cheapest I could find, Tom !
A Thomann 111E BR 3/4 Thomann 111BR 3/4 Double Bass – Thomann UK

I’ve never played a double bass before :blush: , been learning on an electric upright for 18 months or so and fretless bass guitar a year before that . ( I’m a piano player really ).
Thought I’d try some busking in 2013 but over here amplification is not permitted so my acoustic bass guitar wouldn’t be loud enough which prompted the decision to try the DB . :laughing:

If it falls apart after a couple of years I can always make a canoe like the one in The Great Double Bass Race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTzy85j-wW4 :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome. Hopefully it comes set up all right. You should get a few lessons with a teacher at the very least and have them look it over in case a setup is required. It makes all the difference between killing your hands playing to really enjoying the instrument. Setup is everything on such a huge instrument. My first loner bass got my feet wet, but the setup was horrible and hurt my left hand. I didn’t own it so I didn’t want to drop any money into it.

If you have any questions at all, hit me up. I would gladly help you out any way I can. Clear out a corner of a room to stand it into to keep it safe. Lean it into it with the bridge facing in with the upper shoulders resting on the wall buffered by a towel to keep it safe.

www.talkbass.com is a good site to visit. The folks in the DB side are really a good bunch of people. Beware of the EB side!!! :laughing:

Congratulations! :mrgreen:

I remember in school one day spotting an temporarily unused upright bass. I did what I used to do when I saw instruments like that. Pick it up and make some noises for a while. But DAMN that was a BIG bastard :astonished: :laughing: !!! You need to pick one up to get the full experience. That’s the moment I decided I needed six strings … at least! :laughing: It was kinda fun, but not THAT much fun!

You don’t put them under your chin… :laughing:

Thanks Tom .

The guy I hope to go busking with ( assuming we pass the audition to get a licence :unamused: :laughing: ) is a bass player that I used to work with in a piano/bass duo 30 years ago . I bumped into him in the street last summer after not seeing him for 25 years . When I told him I was learning bass now he replied he was learning guitar so we started jamming . He helps me with ( bass guitar )technique and I explain theory . Of late , after we have been rehearsing for a couple of hours ( EUB & guitar ), when I go to demonstrate something on piano my left hand has been spanning ninths when I want it to play octaves . It has stretched faster than the brain monitoring it ! :laughing:

I see the busking licence as a permit to practice in the park everyday :stuck_out_tongue:

:blush:

And you don’t have problems with that sharp thinge poking holes in your throat either? It was a bloody mess, Iiterally, I’ll tell you :confused: That’s why I got Broomstick Bass VSTi. That explains the picture in BB with the large end down and the neck … uprite :bulb: ??? :blush: