Loving Cubase but it refuses to be loved

I’ve switched to Cubase as my DAW a couple of years ago. However I’m always having stability issues with it to the point that
I’m considering just giving up on it. The fact that I have a dozen good projects started and unfinished with it makes things
even more difficult.

Cubase 9.5 worked OK, with the many occasional errors and crashes (esp with plugins like Reaktor or my MOTU Ultralite MK4 audio interface)
which were already a routine I was accustomed to and barely tolerated.

But after updating my 2013 Macbook Pro to OSX Sierra and buying the Cubase 10 things went really south…

Now Cubase 10 freezes everytime after a couple of minutes of work and moreover Cubase 9.5 freezes too just trying to access the Studio tab in the top menu.

Since purchasing my MOTU Ultralite MK4 I’ve gotten crashes and freezes in Cubase 9.5 on a daily basis. And I really cannot blame the interface
because in my other DAW it works with no problems whatsoever…

Other gripes with it is that all these years Cubase almost never recalls my interface input and output settings, my MIDI settings and I’ve always had to recall the preset or manually reasigning stuff.

So that said…I’m really trying to love Cubase but it seems i doesn’t want to be loved.

P.S. Oh, and the interface on the 10 looks way worse than 9.5. Colors are too strong, lines are too thick. This isn’t a 2019 interface but this is a discussion for another post.

Hi,

It’s also hard to blame Cubase, when it started with MOTU, right?

Could you attach some *.crash files located in the macOS utility Console, please?