Low performance with a lot of edits

Hi,
The problem “sluggishness because of many events” used to be much worse.
The performance has been optimized and the problem “low performance with lots of edits” has been addressed.
Now you are reporting that something is still not right.

I know how to artificially reproduce the problem with an unrealistic repro that produces an unrealistic amount of events. But I am interested in real world example projects and also screencaptures of real world projects.

So please Statherian and everybody, send me your sluggish projects and also screenshots or even better moving gifs and screencaptures.

Gr,
JHP

Here is a little movie i made, notice the mouse click in the bottom right corner

Yep, that vid pretty much sums up what happens for me. But I also get the same delay in swapping between cursor tools which really slows down the editing operation!

Mike.

Just gonna give this a little bump

Wow yeh! Bump it again.
It’s a PITA

Hello

Can you guys also send JHP video/projects with this issue?
we need to push on this, maybe we will see a fix in the future.

Im going to gather a cubase project and send it his way, I urge you guys to do the same.

thanks everyone!

That’s why I disabled auto hitpoint detection, and do it manually only when I actually have use for it.
Don’t know if things have improved, never turned it back on.

how do you turn that off?
as far as I know, that is not the issue. the issue is with a lot of slices in events.

It’s in preferences.

Hello, are there any news to this? It still is a big issue in 2019! The video Slatherian put online sums it up pretty well. Just that it does not only affect the zooming but also editing in general (cutting, moving the slices, etc). Running a i7 8700k and 16gb ram here and it begins to lag already on a edited 3min drum performance (CPU+RAM and System performance meter aren’t even on 30% usage). Anywhere else where there are less edits it runs smooth as always. Last project was an Album with 10 songs in one Project. Would have preferred to do the editing in the same project, but thats completely impossible with this issue. At the 2nd to 3rd Song you have to wait seconds until Cubase reacts.

Hey - I’m doing a large sample editing job and suffering from this.

Try ‘quick zoom’ in Edit > Preferences > Editors > Quick Zoom

Really worked. It doesn’t force you to wait while it redraws the graphics.