Lower Zone MixConsole Visibility Setup Issues

I’m having a bit of trouble getting my head around the default behaviour of the Lower Zone Mix Console in relation to track visibility in the project window.

I have three visibility configurations that I switch between when using the main Mix Console window. When I flip between these, my project window is not affected.

When I use the same configurations (using my key commands) while in the Lower Zone Mix Console, they also affect the project window, seemingly randomly, as the tracks displayed don’t bear any relation to what I can see in the Lower Zone.

Any ideas on getting this to work, I basically want to use my MixConsole visibility configurations in the Lower Zone without it having any affect on the project window?

Hi,

The Lower Zone Visibility is hard-linked with the Project window (tracks) visibility.

Aha, I see, thanks Martin.

Quick update, I think I found where I was getting confused.

It looks like placing tracks in a left or right zone over-rides track visibility in the Lower Zone.

So if I set my group tracks to be in the right zone, they will always display even if they are hidden in the visibility settings.

That’s a good tip but a bit of a fudge - I’d like to set mixer and project visibility independently. I’ve put in a FR so if you feel the same way, please vote for it: Independent visibilty for upper and lower panels - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Done! :slight_smile:

Thanks! :smiley: