Lyrics + Chords on Android - NOT AN OPTION!

I was initially very excited to try the demo for VST Live. The freezes and crashes even when using a Steinberg UR44 indicate the softerware might not be quite ready for prime time.

I’m curious how many of us are trusting their live show with this?

2nd show stopper:
I think it’s important to be able to share chords /lyrics/visual click on musician’s devices that are synced and android.

I’m disappointed after setting up 3 songs worth of stems to find out this is not possible and there is no release date for an Android app.

Honestly, windows /sndroid users deserve to be able to have this functionality.

It’s irrelevant to us how difficult the Android development can be and how Steinberg is unwilling to add resources to fund and release an Android compatible app. (comments from other forum posts) I sincerely hope Steinberg does an 180 on their Android development stance and at least is able to deliver some android app in the next 6 months.

If anyone has any workarounds or other 3rd party app solutions I’d love to hear them.

Thanks!

1 Like

HI
I use Live live, this summer I used it intensively (almost a concert every evening) with complex projects. I use it to manage all the sounds of my keyboards (both VST Instruments and external Midi modules). I don’t use staks, text or pdf viewing, nor the section regarding lighting programming.

In my experience it has been exceptional, never a problem. One evening, I couldn’t understand the cause, the program was frozen, that is, I couldn’t intervene to modify the parameters, but despite this it continued to respond perfectly both to the MIDI signals from the keyboards and to the various control changes that I use to scroll through the songs and parts. So from a reliability point of view, as far as I’m concerned it’s excellent!

I think the design phase can be improved with measures that would save precious time. Sometimes (and perhaps due to my English translated by google translator) when I make requests I cannot convincingly express how important certain aspects of programmability are, especially in my case, in which I have very complicated projects regarding the programming of keyboard sounds.

But the team is fantastic and really helpful, and many of the requests I made were brought into the program very quickly…

I highly recommend Live to anyone who asks me how I manage my keyboards live…

2 Likes

I use Live with a pressonus Studiolive 24R card and a Behringer x32 mixer, and I’ve never had any problems.

last year, having created a project with one of these sound cards, I had the need to connect a UR44 on the fly and I wasn’t able to make it work…
but it was something that happened a long time ago, then I didn’t do any other tests because I no longer needed it…

1 Like

We don’t accept freezes or crashes at all, so pls help us and other users to narrow the causes.
First, pls send your crashlogs for us to analyze, thanks!
Seconds, it would be very helpful if you can tell us what causes freezes or crashes, or if you can reproduce any.
And of course we tested a lot with all UR models, there is nothing wrong with those.
Thanks for your help!

1 Like

I have sent my crash logs to the team. Hopefully they will be addressed :slight_smile:

… thank you. Where did you send it?

/Michael.