M Audio Axiom 49 midi remote

@Ron.Garrison That’s great, and happy to test out your script as the 49 and 61 are basically identical.

Just send me a note when it’s ready and I’ll give it a full workout.

I just installed the 12 update and strangely the control room main level no longer works. Nothing else has changed, the MIDI remote still recognises the slider, the mapping was still there, but it doesn’t work. I’ve tried remapping it and that doesn’t work. I can map other functions to the button so it seems like another function that doesn’t work via MIDI remote now

Yes, sorry I broke it. A fix it on the way. Please use right click “Pick…” on the CR Main Level for the time being.

I took a detour and have been working on scripts for the Mackie C4 instead. I have learned much since and will come back to this (with likely a full re-write). If you want to see what I have done so far, it is here: rwgarrison/midiremote-userscripts at m-audio_axiom (github.com) . But be forewarned - it does send sysex to the Axiom and sets up the control codes, so if you have stuff in bank 0, it will over-write it.

@Ron.Garrison Thanks for the update, and not sure what I have in bank 0 but everything is default other than changing the CC numbers for the buttons under the sliders so nothing I can’t refix if there is an issue.

I’m sorry though, I do not understand GitHub and what I’m supposed to download. I can see instructions, all the files seem to refer to Behringer. I assume I need to download a .js file (with some associated files) and put that in the MIDI remote folder but I cannot get my head around the Github UI. If you can let me know what I have to download (and how) and where to place it) I can follow the instructions.

I’d like to share a little bit of a lifehack. I didn’t read the entire thread in its entirety. I myself have been looking for a long time for a way of feedback with AXIOM device. If you want to use the potential of this keyboard 100% I recommend to install DirectLink_for_Cubase_1_1_6.exe and move all files from the folder C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 5 to the C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 13 folder. Don’t forget to add “Device M-Audio Axiom” to the “Studio Setup” settings. Set “MIDI Input” to “MIDIIN2” and “MIDI Output” to “MIDIOUT2”. Now you don’t need to do any tambourine dancing. To get the buttons to work properly, just set up whatever you need in MIDI Remote. You can also leave the settings for a simple MIDI connection, which is suggested in this thread.