M.M. Number and Tempo Track: Please allow more note values as the defined beat

YES! This has been in DP for over a decade. It is also in Pro Tools.

Exactly! Well explained. THIS is what we need!

Sadly only 4 votes. This is so critical, that Cubase understands what the beat value is. So horrible trying to work around it.

:man_shrugging:t2:

It’s a musician’s feature.

Maybe becaue the “vote” button is way at the top and most people don’t realize it (I never knew it was a thing until just now). Just voted.

Anyone know if this has been dealt with in Cubase 12?

No, nothing changed yet.

I want to post my take on this request.

First, to say there is a function that addresses this, using a combination of the Process Bars and Process tempo dialogs, but this is not very convenient, and not exactly what’s being requested.

Mainly though, this –
I campaigned years ago for the feature that’s now the Click Pattern function. I believe this does everything that’s needed in regard to time sig accommodation, both for compound time signatures, and odd meters. It allows for any rhythm to be clicked by the metronome and for the grid to reflect it for quantizing and whatever else is connected with using the grid.

The timing of Cubase’s “foot tapping” (thanks @ggmanestraki) can be customized, as well as its sound. We can have the click on the image or any rhythm value.

The single thing not addressed is the display of the Tempo in the Transport bar, where the problem is that the user must do their own calculation for compound meters.

Remember, it’s not due to unwillingness on the part of the programmers that a given feature or method isn’t implemented, but that everything is in the sequencer has dependencies in other areas of the program, which would need to be rewritten.

So, @ggmanestraki, I suggest that this request be refocused on that alone, which might result in the request getting some real traction.

Maybe they’ll come up with a way to do the calculation automatically, or as a separate little function.

3 Likes

I’m not complaining, steve. I know it’s not easy to implement a bunch of things just like that, I was just telling hemp that’s it’s not there yet. I myself have multiple times stated and re-stated how the metronome (literally the metronome, the digital simulation of the wind-up device that goes click-click) in the last versions of Cubase is FULLY capable of clicking to ANY measure and subdivision. I know from my days of lurking in the old forums that you had a very active role in the feature request, so thanks for that!

That’s exactly what this request is about! Just this! The screenshots further up just illustrate the issue to those that stumble upon the thread and are not familiar with the issue. I understand that there is always confusion when the word metronome is used, but rest assured, I know that we are talking about displaying the proper tempo value according to the designated beat, be it in the tempo track, or elsewhere in Cubase.

1 Like

@ggmanestraki Oh, I don’t see this as a complaint at all. But some participants seem to be writing as if they don’t know about it the click and grid stuff. And the title is a little vague.

I know you know what you’re talking about! I would get rid of the clause, Cubase only understands quarters as the beat value, because it’s only true in this specific case. To someone scanning the titles, they might think someone (like on the dev team) has not understood the function, and therefore not dig in to the thread.

Is this title better?

1 Like

Love it. I would like to see this implemented.

I voted for this and thank everyone for the conversation. Replying here to keep this thread floating near the top of the proverbial water.

1 Like

Hello, what is “MM” number?

Thank you!

see “MM” meaning in music - Google Search

Thank you :slight_smile:

Adding a link to @yleguern 's thread, who was also searching for this feature.

Just wanted to add that I would also love to see this implemented! As far as I can tell this is still not a feature. Voted!