M1 native support and licensing

Is there a native on M1 Macs running version coming out any time soon?

2 Likes

I would love to know this too. Especially with the new licensing?

Can anyone answer this question?

I downloaded the latest update and it helped a little….but it is POOF city on latest Logic X. Steinberg, please say something about this. We paid for this product. You took our money so please offer basic information. Some of us use these products professionally.

SpiderMix

2 Likes

3 month later - any update? Is Halion 6 for M1 coming eventually? If not will Halion 7 come eventually? I become very dissatisfied with Steinberg, not updating their so called flagship sampler!
And even more with the lack of replying to the questions!

2 Likes

Halion 7 was announced on the same day Steinberg Licensing was revealed, almost 10 months ago:
https://blog.dorico.com/2021/11/introducing-steinberg-licensing-and-how-it-affects-dorico/

It’s of course also going to support Apple Silicon like all other VST instruments currently being sold by Steinberg.

I guess the issue is the constant “buy the new version to get the fix”. Steinberg has LONG had that as their upgrade policy and that’s why I essentially switched to logic until they had that huge sale and I upgraded my Cubase 6 License.

I just wish they would give us a quick maintenance fix BEFORE we have to chunk out a couple hundred dollars for a “new version”

SpiderMix

1 Like

Hi there so I bought Halion 6 for Intel mac. Is the process really to buy a new version for M1 Macs?

I’m struggling to find info anywhere! Though I think that would be pretty poor practice to have to pay twice for the same version!

Thanks for any help

Correction: I seem to be able to open it under Rosetta without too much drama. Well I’ve loaded it - not tried the library yet :slight_smile:

I get crashes galore. Usually when changing surround panning. Also using Halion 6 in Cubase is poof city.

SpiderMix

Steinberg is no question a terrible company for any kind of support or customer care. This is a very basic thing to at least inform people about.

I for one need a solution for M1 native support for the flagship products that I’ve paid for.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure why Steinberg has such a distant relationship from their customers. I wish they had leadership that was passionate about their products and regularly interfaced with their customers to create a thriving community.

SpiderMix

1 Like

I love the Dorio support but the Halion support really sucks, or maybe it doesn’t exist at all!

1 Like

Groove Agent is also a hot steaming pile right now as well. Would be NICE to get SOME kind of answer to all of this. You know…support the people who gave you their hard earned cash.

SpiderMix

1 Like

So Halion Sonic SE has been updated for M1. I wonder why they can’t release a Halion 6 maintenance upgrade with M1 support, it’s what a good company with user-friendly policies would do.

1 Like

They can. Just don’t want.

1 Like

It was said right back when Steinberg Licensing was first announced that HALion will be getting a new paid update. I would not expect Apple Silicon native support for HALion 6 - it will appear in HALion 7.

1 Like

every thread leads to the same question now:

when is Halion 7 coming ?

Besides from deliberate unwillingness to communicate, I don’t see any other possible reason to not say anything for so long. Plus, the things they said earlier about Halion doesn’t even mean much. Of course the next Halion version better have the dongle removed. It’s been long overdue. It should have even been a free update for Halion 6.

But no, what we get, as people who PAID for this stuff, is vague answers, insulting teasers, silence, and more neglect.

It can as simple as an “we’re not sure yet, things are very messy”, or “soon in the next 3 months (could be longer) with no guarantee date”, or “it still has a long way to go because…”, etc.

How hard is it to just say something? It sure isn’t hard to tell us to pay when Steinberg wants us to pay for what should have been included in regular maintenance updates.

I really regret purchasing Cubase and Dorico now after seeing how Steinberg purposely blocks out communication with its customers.

The support ticket system doesn’t even work.

Wait… HALion Sonic SE has a M1 update? I wasn’t aware of that! They all run on the same code base, so this is a strategic move that makes no sense…other than Steinberg demanding more money for fixes EVERYBODY ELSE is doing for free.

Ugh. I too kinda regret dumping so much money into their products. I left Steinberg a LONG time ago…and thought they would be different now. Guess not. Same poor customer service.

On a better note…their customer support chat agents are pretty friendly and seem to not really like some of the issues that go on too.

SpiderMix

2 Likes

i dont think Steinberg means any disrespect to its users, but the lack of awareness in the importance of communication is definitely one of the worst things about Steinberg.

Had it not been Daniel constantly helping users, I wouldn’t have bother to purchase anything from Steinberg. Yes, Daniel’s support alone convinced me to buy Dorico and Cubase, not because of some new features in Dorico 4.3 or Cubase 12.0.50

To empathize, it seems tough for Steinberg to offer support and communication constantly to all its users. Most companies only have a few softwares/plugins that are good and widely used, but everything Steinberg sells is pretty much one of the best in their respective categories. Cubase, Nuendo, Dorico are all incredibly good. Most other companies that sell DAWs or samplers either have only 1 DAW or sampler they sell and that’s it; or they sell other stuff but then their DAW or sampler is not as good. So, Steinberg does have much much more to manage compared to other companies selling similar products.

Regardless, I think it’d be a smarter choice (both short term and long term) that Steinberg starts communicating with product releases more often.

They did “remove” the dongle. Halion 6 can use the Soft Elicenser.

1 Like