Mac crashed - what to do to install and upgrade Cubase on new

Hi everyone, I´ve been using Cubase 10.5 until a few days ago - when my iMac 27" mid 2011 crashed. My new mac is on it’s way - and in the meantime I wonder; How do I reinstall Cubase on my new Mac, as for validation of my earlier license? And I pretty much would like to upgrade my Cubase to the newest version at the same time. How is that done, and what is to be paid for the upgrade? I´m sorry if I bother you with this question - if it`s been raised earlier. I´m new to this forum, so hoping for forgiveness. Looking forward to any suggestions to this issue :slight_smile:

The first question is; what version of Cubase do you have? Do you use a usb licenser? If you do then you just install Cubase and plug in the licenser and it will work. Or at least it should. What Mac have you ordered?

Also just go to the main steinberg site and choose Cubase and you can get the price for an upgrade from your version

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile: I had version 10.5 until my iMac crashed, and yes - I do have a USB licenser. I have now ordered a Macbook PRO 14";

• 1 TB SSD storage
  • 32 GB Memory
  • Apple M1 Pro-chip with 10 core CPU-chip, 16 core GPU and 16 core Neural Engine.

And I have also ordered a 43" AirPlay 2-compatible Smart-TV to be used as my wireless main screen. The idea is that this solution will give me more benefits in total - since it`s more portable.

I also wanna thank you for your tip on where to find upgrading prices.

PS! The printscreen is in Norwegian, but I guess you get the idea :slight_smile:

I’m a pc user myself so hopefully a Mac user will comment more. You need to read a bit about the upgrade to version 12 (you would have to get that version ) as this no longer uses the usb licenser. There are lots of things to look out for like using Cubase 12 in native m1 mode you can only use vst3 version plugins.